The first step to move to Spain is getting the NIE Number. This number (“Número de Identidad de Extranjero”) is the basic identification with which you will be able to conduct any kind of legal procedure in the country, such as opening a bank account, buying a house or car, starting your company or getting your residence permit.
Required documents to get the NIE
The necessary documentation to receive the Spanish NIE number is the following:
- The official NIE application form.
● Passport photo.
● A document certifying the reason to be applying for a NIE.
● Identity document or Passport, the original and a photocopy of all pages.
How long does it take to get the NIE in Spain?
The total time to get this number will depend entirely on the availability of the corresponding immigration office, something that has been affected after the pandemic.
However, our team will do everything necessary to make it as fast as possible so that you can avoid unnecessary delays.
How to get the NIE number in Spain as fast and as easily as possible? Simple. Trusting a reliable immigration lawyer group. What will we be doing for you?
- We will accompany you from the beginning of the NIE application process to the end.
- We will organize all the necessary documentation for you.
- We fill out all the required application forms.
- We will accompany you on the day of handing in the documentation (at the relevant Provincial Immigration Office).
- We will collect your NIE (as long as we have your consent).
Where Is the application presented?
- In Spain: at the Government Delegations and Sub-delegations via their services and the Provincial Immigration Office (“Oficina de Extranjería”) corresponding to the place in which the procedure began (i.e. where the services are provided, where the company is resident or domiciled…).
- Abroad: at the diplomatic mission or consular section of Spain located in the foreigner’s country of residence, where the reasons for the application must be communicated.
NIE to buy a property
One of the first steps in buying your new home in Spain is to get this basic identification number.
In that sense, this is one of the recognized purposes that allows to you to get this ID.
We will help you get the NIE to buy a property quickly; helping you to make the process of buying and selling as easy as possible.
How can I get a duplicate in case of robbery or loss?
It is very common to find cases in which the foreigner loses his NIE or his residence card is stolen. What to do then?
Because, if you are planning to go on a trip, it will be essential to have a duplicate of your NIE.
Basically you will have to report it at the police station and return back to the immigration office to have a duplicate of your NIE.